210 N Church St
Charlotte, NC 28202
Basil is the realization of the lifelong dream of Henry and Chai Eang, brothers who immigrated to the United States from turbulent 1970s Cambodia. From speaking not a word of English, to creating award-winning dining experiences throughout the Carolinas, the duo has married hard work with passion to bring authentic Thai cuisine to their new home.
Since opening the first Basil in Charleston to rave reviews, several trendy locations have followed over the last dozen years. Basil’s infectious atmosphere centers around a dynamic kitchen as the sound of heat to metal, blade to board and liquid to flame resonate throughout the restaurant. Each space stylishly appointed to reflect the culture and energy of the noteworthy Southern cities they inhabit.
- Avenue Market210 N Church St (adjacent)
- The Daily Tavern214 N Church St (111 feet W)
- Dandelion Market118 W 5th St (118 feet S)
- Capital Grille201 N Tryon St (288 feet SE)
- J R's General Store301 S Tryon St (499 feet NE)
- Cline Classics101 S Tryon St (534 feet SW)
- The Beehive101 S Tryon St (534 feet SW)
- Walgreens101 S Tryon St (534 feet SW)
- Charlotte NC Tours101 S Tryon St (534 feet SW)
- Bank of America Heritage Center100 N Tryon St (585 feet S)
- Founders Hall100 N Tryon St (585 feet S)
- Discovery Place Science310 N Tryon St (765 feet E)