130 N Tryon St
Charlotte, NC 28202
Belk Theater features state-of-the-art equipment, production and support capabilities and can host any event, from grand opera to rock to corporate annual meetings and lectures.
The theater features a contemporary European horseshoe arrangement for an intimate atmosphere and world-class acoustics. The most distant seat is less than 135 feet from the stage.
A hallmark of the theater’s design is some 2,400 “points of light” in the audience chamber, part of a dazzling fiber optic network with multi-color capabilities.
Renowned architect Cesar Pelli designed the Performing Arts Center, which opened in 1992, as well as the adjacent Bank of America Corporate Center and Founders Hall. The Center’s name honors the contributions of the people of the state of North Carolina as well as the generosity of the Blumenthal Foundation, the largest private donor to the capital campaign.
- Merchant & Trade132. E Trade St (200 feet SW)
- Aria Tuscan grill100 N Tryon St (236 feet N)
- Caribou Coffee100 N Tryon St (236 feet N)
- Cicchetti100 N Tryon St (236 feet N)
- Bank of America Store100 N Tryon St (236 feet N)
- Gateway Newstands100 N Tryon St (236 feet N)
- Jos A Bank100 N Tryon St (236 feet N)
- 7 Eleven255 E Martin Luther King Jr Blvd (295 feet NW)
- Bank of America Heritage Center100 N Tryon St (236 feet N)
- Founders Hall100 N Tryon St (236 feet N)
- Charlotte NC Tours101 S Tryon St (367 feet NW)
- Discovery Place Science310 N Tryon St (949 feet NE)