201 S Tryon St
Charlotte, NC 28202
Charlotte Joy Rides is Charlotte’s nonprofit bike share system, with 343 bikes and 34 stations spread throughout Center City, designed to make it easier to get around town. It’s convenient, affordable, clean, and simple. It’s good for your health, your pocket, and our environment.
Charlotte Joy Rides launched in 2012 as Charlotte B-cycle, thanks to generous support from title sponsor Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina and founding sponsor Atrium Health. We started with 200 bikes and 20 stations, making it one of the largest bike share systems in the Southeast. Sponsorships from local developers, grants from the Federal Transportation Administration, and support from the City of Charlotte have helped our system grow to its current size.
Our new bikes, which feature original work by seven of Charlotte’s brightest artists, provide an electric assist up to 15 miles per hour, allowing people to easily traverse the city. The Joy Rides bikes are specially designed for both you and the city; they fit people short and tall, thanks to an easy-to-use adjustable seat post. Everybody has stuff – that’s why there’s a great basket to stow your things while riding. Fenders, skirt guards and chain guards keep your clothes clean. Automatic lights help keep you safe. Three speeds are perfect for Charlotte streets. You’ll love the cool Charlotte Joy Rides bikes!
Becoming a member and riding a Joy Rides bike promotes health and wellness and also provides a flexible alternative way to get around Center City. As a member, you can use a Charlotte Joy Rides bike to run an errand, grab lunch, travel from the bus stop to your office, or just get some fresh air. The first hour of every trip is no additional cost to annual and student members!
Bike sharing is a great amenity for our urban place; making it economical and convenient to use bikes for trips that are too far to walk but too short to drive. It keeps cars parked while extending and balancing our transit system. Check out a Charlotte Joy Rides bike today; we can’t wait to hear how much fun you’ll have!
- Capital Grille201 N Tryon St (adjacent)
- Cowbell Buger & Whiskey Bar201 N Tryon St (adjacent)
- Subway201 N Tryon St (adjacent)
- The Bella Ciao201 S Tryon St (adjacent)
- Bank of America Store100 N Tryon St (343 feet SW)
- Gateway Newstands100 N Tryon St (343 feet SW)
- Jos A Bank100 N Tryon St (343 feet SW)
- Cline Classics101 S Tryon St (391 feet SW)
- Bank of America Heritage Center100 N Tryon St (343 feet SW)
- Founders Hall100 N Tryon St (343 feet SW)
- Charlotte NC Tours101 S Tryon St (391 feet SW)
- Belk Theater at Blumenthal Performing Arts130 N Tryon St (574 feet S)