How to Make the Most of Queen's Feast in Uptown
Uptown's culinary scene takes the spotlight with Queen's Feast, Charlotte's very own restaurant week running from January 19th to 28th. This is a perfect opportunity to explore what Uptown has to offer, whether you are a food enthusiast, looking for a new date night spot or discovering a new restaurant for this first time. Queen's Feast invites diners to savor specially crafted 3-course dinners at a fixed price. The restaurants' fixed menu prices range from $30 to $50 per person.
Whether you're eager to discover hidden gems or someone looking for the perfect date night spot, there is a spot for everyone on this list.
- Aria Tuscan Grill: Aria captures the flavors of Tuscany, serving Old World comfort food reimagined in a modern Italian setting. Owner Pierre Bader, Operations Manager & Beverage Director Briana Cohen, and Executive Chef Alex Piatt work together to bring you a taste of the seasons, creating a regional menu focused on local ingredients, handmade pastas, wood-fired pizzas, braised meats, and fresh seafood. Aria also offers handcrafted cocktails, including selections developed by local mixologist Bob Peters, as well as a well-curated wine list, draft and bottled beers.
- Bernardin's at Ratcliffe: Serving the Triad of North Carolina since 1992, Bernardin's Fine Dining in the historic Ratcliffe building is Chef Freddy Lee’s addition to uptown Charlotte. Renowned for its impeccable service, elegant atmosphere and sophisticated, succulent Modern American cuisine, Bernardin’s features seafood, lamb, steaks, game meats, poultry, and pasta.
- The Capital Grille: Outpost of the upscale steakhouse chain offers classic American fare & a clubby, refined setting.
- Church & Union: Hip, loftlike steakhouse with a buzzing vibe & upscale decor, featuring a full bar & weekend brunch. World-class food by Chef Partner and Bravo Top Chef alum Jamie Lynch and Executive Chef Aaron Dearing are all to be expected.
- Deluxe Fun Dining: Perfect spot for your phone to eat first. Vibrant establishment serving elevated New American & global cuisine in a stylish, whimsical space. Watch out, your dinner might be served to you with sparklers!
- Estampa Gaucha Brazilian Steakhouse: White-tablecloth rodizio serving all-you-can-eat Brazilian cuts, plus a salad bar & outdoor seating.
- Exotica Indian Kitchen & Bar: Embark on a culinary adventure with the rich and diverse tastes of traditional Indian cuisine.
- Fahrenheit: Charlotte's first rooftop restaurant/bar, offering New American fare with an Asian bent, backed by a long wine list and the views to match.
- The Fifth Fork: offers a true blend of Southern hospitality with a modern aesthetic vibe at The Ritz-Carlton Charlotte within the exciting Uptown area of the Queen City. The menu offers specially selected steaks; fresh seafood dishes; local, sustainably sourced menu items; and signature sides highlighted by delicious Southern-infused specialties. The newly opened modern dining room and vibrant bar and lounge provide a welcome respite with a distinctive Southern charm.
- Forchetta Italian Kitchen: an Italian Kitchen with exquisite, handcrafted pasta dishes, opened its doors on North College Street in Charlotte in late June 2019. The renovated space features a private dining room, remodeled dining and bar areas, and a luxurious wine display. Each dish is handcrafted, many straight from the streets of Naples, Italy. Chef Luca Annunziata has more than with 20 years’ experience in hospitality, learning his culinary talents at a young age growing up in Naples.
- Gyu-Kaku Japanese BBQ: Gyu-Kaku, meaning "Horn of the Bull" in Japanese, provides the authentic Japanese Yakiniku (barbeque) dining experience in which customers share premium cooked meats over a flaming charcoal grill while sipping on Japanese Sake, Shochu, and frosty cold beers. We want our dining experience to inspire laughter, conversation, and amazing times! You can't help it - with a personal grill installed at every table, everyone instantly becomes an expert cook.
- Haymaker: Locally inspired and seasonal food with heirloom ingredients, preservation, and sustainable meats and seafood lead the way to crafting their menus. Haymaker's kitchen reinterprets the bounty of the Piedmont area and Appalachia and explores our foodways, both historic and present across our region.
- La Belle Helene: Refined brasserie serving timeless French classics with a contemporary flair, featuring a warm, inviting atmosphere, incredible service and a menu steeped in French culinary tradition created by Chef Partner and Bravo Top Chef Alum Chef Jamie Lynch. Experience French cuisine with an added 5th Street Group twist at La Belle Helene.
- MICO: The taste of Argentina, with globally inspired flavors and stylish South American twists that take you on a culinary tour. Featuring the blended cultures of Buenos Aires, the arid sweetness of Mendoza, and the palatable beauty of Cordoba.
- MOA Korean BBQ & Bar: a high-end, top-notch Korean BBQ experience with dedicated captains handling all aspects of the grilling process, ensuring that guests have the utmost enjoyment during their barbecue experience. A perfect destination for friends, family, and large party dinners, serving food family-style, offering generous portions of meat to share and enjoy together.
- Morton's The Steakhouse: American steakhouse, featuring USDA prime-aged beef, fresh fish and seafood, hand-picked produce, delicious appetizers and elegant desserts.
- Rí Rá Irish Pub: Rí Rá, meaning “King of the Good Times,” opened its doors for the first time on March 14, 1997. Meticulously restored in Ireland and shipped to the U.S., Rí Rá embodies everything that you would expect from a genuine Irish pub. As you enter the restaurant, you can immediately imagine yourself walking through the door of a traditional Irish pub one hundred years ago. We pride ourselves in sourcing the finest and freshest ingredients that are prepared with care and attention to detail.
- Ruth's Chris Steak House: Family owned in Uptown, Charlotte since 2006, serving prime steaks and classic American fare in a sophisticated ambiance.
- STK Steakhouse: A modern and chic steakhouse offering a lively dining experience. STK artfully blends the modern steakhouse and a chic lounge into one, offering a dynamic, fine dining atmosphere with the superior quality and service of a traditional steakhouse.
- Sea Level NC: Known for their local farm-to-fork oysters and daily seafood catches. Sea Level NC is located in the base of the Truist Tower on Fifth Street between Tryon and College.
- Stoke: Home of the One Pound Donut. Locally-sourced dishes featuring flavors and traditions of the Piedmont and surrounding regions, paired with craft cocktails and handpicked wines from around the globe. The warmth of wood-fired cooking from the open kitchen is complemented by seasonal ingredients meticulously sourced from Carolina farms and regional partners.
- Tupelo Honey Cafe: A revival of Southern food and traditions rooted in the Carolina mountains with hand-craft brunches, lunches, and suppers that bring family and friends around the table and allow for lingering conversations and craft beer. Responsibly sourced ingredients are the foundation of every dish. From our 100% sustainably sourced seafood and antibiotic-free chicken, to unique craft cocktails highlighting local distilleries.
Queen's Feast in Uptown Charlotte is a not-to-be-missed celebration for anyone passionate about culinary exploration. With an array of diverse and esteemed restaurants offering prix fixe menus, this is the perfect opportunity to discover new flavors, revisit old favorites, and immerse yourself in the culinary richness of Charlotte. Make your reservations, gather your friends, and get ready to indulge in the gastronomic treasures that await during Queen's Feast!