Maximize Your Thanksgiving Parade Experience: What to Do Before and After
The Novant Health Thanksgiving Parade in Charlotte is a magical tradition that's bound to leave you in high spirits, but what about the time before and after the parade? Don't worry; we've got you covered with a list of exciting activities to make your day even more memorable.
Before the Parade:
- NASCAR Hall of Fame: Kick off your day at the NASCAR Hall of Fame. Learn about the legends, the history, and the adrenaline-pumping action that has made NASCAR a cultural phenomenon. It's a must-visit for racing enthusiasts of all ages and perfect for family fun.
- Museum of Illusions: Prepare to have your mind blown at the Museum of Illusions. Play around with optical illusions, puzzles, and brain-teasers that challenge your perception of reality. It's a perfect pre-parade stop for family activities and pictures!
- Discovery Place Science or ImaginOn: If you're with younger children, consider a visit to Discovery Place Science or ImaginOn. Both are fantastic options for interactive, educational, and engaging experiences that will captivate the kids and the young at heart.
- Lunch at Uptown's Food Halls: Hungry? Uptown Charlotte offers an array of culinary delights. Check out Monarch Market and The Market at 7th Street for a diverse selection of lunch options. There is something for everyone at these locations!
- Romare Bearden Park Skyline Views: Hang out at Romare Bearden Park, located at 300 S. Church St. and see incredible views of the city skyline and of Truist Field.
- Talking Walls Tour: Take a self-guided walk through the Talking Walls Tour. Charlotte's mural scene is a testament to the city's vibrant culture and history. This art walk offers a unique opportunity to explore these amazing artworks that grace the city's walls.
- Explore Luminous Lane: Detour down Luminous Lane, Uptown's largest alleyway gallery. During Charlotte SHOUT!, 42+ artists joined together to transform a forgotten alleyway into a vibrant, creative destination. It's an excellent pre-parade activity for those who love art or want a family photo!
- Hot Chocolate or Coffee: As the temperature drops, warm up with a cozy hot chocolate or a steaming cup of coffee. Numerous cafes and coffee shops in the neighborhood offer the perfect beverages to keep you toasty.
After the Parade:
- Make a Dinner Reservation: If you plan to dine out after the parade, consider making a dinner reservation at one of Uptown's many restaurants. Uptown has a wonderfully diverse culinary scene, so you'll have no trouble finding a spot that suits your palate.
- Levine Avenue of the Arts Museums: To continue the night's creativity, pop into one of the Levine Avenue of the Arts museums. Thanks to Wednesday Night Live, sponsored by Bank of America, you can enjoy free admission to the Mint Museum, The Bechtler, and The Harvey B. Gantt Center from 5pm-9pm.
- Light the Knights at Truist Field: The beloved winter wonderland event is celebrating their opening night the same day as the Novant Health Thanksgiving Eve Parade. Bring your friends and family to Truist Field for snowtubing, ice-skating, holiday shopping and more! Closing at 10pm, it is the perfect last stop to continue the magic of the night.
These pre and post-parade activities will be sure to fill your day with holiday cheer. Make the most of your time in Uptown, Charlotte as you celebrate the holiday season with us!
Follow us on social media at @Uptown.CLT and @NovantHealthParade for more protips and recommendations throughout the month of November!